Topband: Contest

Subject: Topband: Contest
From: Merv Schweigert <k9fd@flex.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 09:09:54 -1000
Boy the alligators were out in force again eh?  There were some
very good conditions and tons of good signals on the band,
as always many who must have basement beverages on the
receiver.
Not that I am loud by any means,  but man when you are 20
over 9 and cant hear dozens of people calling wazzup?

Over all worked 5 or 6 new ones, that was super, and using the
K3 made things pleasant to say the least,  felt guilty many times
as I had the 400HZ filter in and width narrowed down to
200HZ,  would work DX stations and not realize there were
10 over signals less than a half KC away,  best radio I have
ever used in these conditions.
Had one /KH6 station out here that at times had a 10khz wide
buzz saw signal,  was like pure AC and phase noise.  it came
and went during the contest,  like to know what radio that was.

Sorry to say will be QRT for a week or so,  so grab your keys
the band will be open. (Murphys Law)  Season has changed here, can tell by
the changes in band characteristics.  So work them before the
QRN season starts.
73 Merv KH7C

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK