Topband: RF earth ground instability

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: RF earth ground instability
From: "Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 12:48:20 -0800
In Broadcasting, a large number (120 in U.S.) of radials are required since
the 1930's. This gives seasonal frequency, current, (array phase), stability
to vertical polarized antennas.

The problem appears to come from articles written about the diminishing
returns of more radials. These articles should also give information about
instability probabilities in changing climates and ground water conditions.

73
Bruce

<snip
 "...We see this effect in the Arctic every winter. It is not the leaves but
>snip
 There's definitely a connection here, with what you say: my radial field
 (per each "L") consists of just 24 insulated radial wires, 1/8-wave long,
 placed atop the ground---a FAR cry from your 150 radials there.
 >snip

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK