Re: Topband: SDR-IQ experience during CQ 160 contest

To: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: SDR-IQ experience during CQ 160 contest
From: "Jack/W6NF" <vhfplus@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 11:34:11 -0800
I have just ordered one of KB9YIG's SoftRock v9.0/USB kits with the
programmable oscillator and BPF. I intend to play with this as a 2nd
receiver on 160 using the N6RK loop antenna. I was concerned about whether I
could still use the receiver while transmitting (100 watts---no PA at this
time) and I am glad to hear someone has done this successfully.

73,

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 10:23 AM, Tree <tree@kkn.net> wrote:

> > I am curious to hear feedback from anyone who has an SDR RX, would it
> > make a good second RX for DX work?
>
> Since I found I could TX on the band with 100 watts and have the SDR still
> hearing signals on the band - it probably has pretty good dynamic range.
>
> Just playing around with it on the AM broadcast band, it seems to do
> exactly
> what one would expect.
>
> The CW filters implemented in the skimmer software seem to work.  They
> don't
> sound as nice as the K3 in this regard however.  And of course, they don't
> do diversity.
>
> I would the SDR-IQ would be an excellent candidate for a remote receiver.
>
> Tree

Jack, W6NF
Silver Springs, NV
DM09ji