Topband: views about IC-740

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: views about IC-740
From: "vu2bgs ." <vu2bgs@sify.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 06:57:44 +0530
Dear Friends

I have been on 160m for a few years now .It has been tough battle  with
limited space !!

30X40 feet is what I have on the roof.

I do manage with 70 watts and 12 m of vertical wire and radials i can fit on
the tiny roof .
I have worked a few stations from US and SA. I am being regularly heard in
USA but I am plagued by severe noise at my location .
Also my old Rx IC-738 does not seem to be good on the low bands .

currently  I have a Flag and a coax loop for receive .

I had been on the look out for a  good RX ..

What are your views on the receiver of  the  IC-740 for the low bands .
any suggestion on making it better .

I have also got an Ic-751 . I plan to modify the same
any suggestion and help is most appreciated .

Thanks to all who encourage me and keep me going !!

73's

Kumar
VU2BGS
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK