Topband: Sudden increase in noise level on Topband..

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Sudden increase in noise level on Topband..
From: Robert Briggs <vk3zl@bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 10:38:43 +1100

Well, after years of generally quiet receiving on 160 metrers my world
has been recently turned upside down....I have a neighbor about 1/4
miles away who has recently purchased a Plasma TV set....That B#$&#
thing tears up bands from 160 through 40 metrers with a terrible hash
buzz....It happily slowly drifts up and down the band at a S7
noise...The only way of dodging it is to constantly change frequency
6khz up or down from the damned thing....It doesn't come through the
mains but loud on both my vertical and horizontal antennas...Neighbor
isn't a particularly pleasant person and I certainly wouldn't get any
cooperation from them if I broached the subject....All I can do is the
dodging trick....

Ah, well, I will just have to grin and bear it I suppose...

73....Bob...VK3ZL..
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK