Re: Topband: Help Needed Decoupling the TX Antenna

To: Eric Rosenberg <ericrosenberg.dc@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Help Needed Decoupling the TX Antenna
From: py2xb <py2xb@integral.com.br>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 17:47:25 -0300
Eric

Check N4IS web page. He has decoupled his 160m vertical.

A local fellow here reported decrease of 4(four) S units on his flag noise
by decopling his 160m inverted V. He used two vacum relays and disconected
each leg of the inv vee from the center connector.

Fred

2010/3/10 Eric Rosenberg <ericrosenberg.dc@gmail.com>

> My noisy urban lot is small (40x140), and the Pennants are awfully close
> to the TX antenna. (inv-l's on 160 and 80, 1/2 square on 40).
>
> I need to decouple the TX antenna when listening on the Pennants, but am
> not quite sure how to do it.
>
> I'm using a MicrokeyerII for the radio and a KD9SV DXpedition
> preamp/antenna switch/front-end saver for the RX antennas.
>
> Once I get this straightened out, I'll be sure to work all of you who
> heard me but I didn't hear in the CQ 160 and ARRL DX contest.
>
> Any help is appreciated!
>
> 73,
> Eric W3DQ
> Washington, DC  ("Roger, Roger DEE CEE!")

PY2XB - Fred Carvalho
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK