Re: Topband: 2 elem Top loaded vertical

To: Filipe Lopes <ct1ilt@sapo.pt>
Subject: Re: Topband: 2 elem Top loaded vertical
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 08:26:10 -0800
I built a 2 element driven array of top loaded 27 meter verticals
that were spaced 30 meters apart.  It worked about as predicted,
with around 4 dB forward gain and 15 to 20 dB F/B.  The bandwidth
was better than a parasitic array, but still only a few 10's of
kHz.

Rick N6RK

Filipe Lopes wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Is there anyone who has tested a 2 elem top loaded spaced 1/8 wavelength
> (approx 22m I can play with)?
>
> I currently have a Top loaded vertical, there are some pics and scheme on my
> website http://www.rep.pt/ct1ilt/tvertical.html
>
> This T vertical is on a 25mH tree and approximately 20m away from this tree,
> towars 330º I have another tree which I could put another vertical.
>
> I am looking for opinions about if it worth trying it and if so which is the
> best way of feeding this system
>
> Thanks for help,
>
> Filipe Lopes CT1ILT

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK