Re: Topband: 2 elem top loaded spaced 1/8 wavelength

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 2 elem top loaded spaced 1/8 wavelength
From: <dbevan@datacheck.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 16:21:00 -0700
Filipe,

My first real gain antenna on 160M was two "T" verticals
suspended by two wooden poles (could have been trees).
Spaced 1/8 wavelength and fed 180 degrees out of phase
(much like the old 8JK design) Easy to feed and had about
4 dB gain (bidirectional) I worked my first Zone 16 from
California in 1989 with it. With phasing of 135 degrees it
would have front-to-back but is harder to feed.

Good luck!

Darrell, N6DX

> Is there anyone who has tested a 2 elem top loaded
>spaced 1/8 wavelength
> (approx 22m I can play with)?
>
> I currently have a Top loaded vertical, there are some
>pics and scheme on my
> website http://www.rep.pt/ct1ilt/tvertical.html
>
> This T vertical is on a 25mH tree and approximately 20m
>away from this tree,
> towars 330? I have another tree which I could put
>another vertical.
>
> I am looking for opinions about if it worth trying it
>and if so which is the
> best way of feeding this system
>
> Thanks for help,
>
>Filipe Lopes CT1ILT