Topband: (HWF) Horizontal Waller Flag ; one year report,

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: (HWF) Horizontal Waller Flag ; one year report,
From: "Lee K7TJR" <k7tjr@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 10:25:00 -0700
   I must confess, my curiosity got the best of me from Jose Carlos'
 measurements. The question however still remains. I wonder what
 the NF of a Norton amp does with real other impedances than the
regular 50 ohms used for evaluation. The curiosity of a Norton circles
around the fact that there is virtually no feedback when the input is
unterminated. I have studied K8ZOA and the original patent papers.
    Again I confess I am not mathematician enough to solve the answer
theoretically. There are too many variables. The other curiosity of the
Norton is the fact that its input impedance assumes the value of the
 driving impedance per the original patent paper.
      One thing obvious from Jose Carlos' measurements
is that the noise goes way up when the amp is unterminated. This
 would lead me to believe the noise would be greater with a larger
input impedance simply because of the Johnson noise of the larger
 impedance.
      This one is definitely on the list now as something to look at in
spare time.
Lee  K7TJR
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK