Topband: BCB Interference

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: BCB Interference
From: Luciano Gasparini Nachif <luciano_nachif@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 05:55:44 -0700 (PDT)
I recently installed a Perseus SDR receiver. Last Saturday afternnon, myself
and PT9IR were playing with it and noticed a very strong noise all around HF.
I decided to concentrate our efforts on 40 meters as we could rotate the yagi
in trying to spot the noise source.
We also installed an AT-130 antenna tuner in between the 2 elem yagi and the
receiver. If we had it through, the band noise was at least 20dB stronger
than with the AT inline and we could hear something like music and voices on
day light.. that was not very clear at night...
Interesting to mention is that music and voices couldn't completely disapear
with AT130 inline on day light but almost gone at night.
We could see 40m station signals with AT-130 inline but nothing without it.
I found very strong signals on 3720KHz, 7440KHz and or multiples of 1240KHz.
BTW, the 1240KHz bracasting station is about a mile from my house and I think
it runs at least 3kW. And I thought I had a lot of QRN at night....
I believe the right answer shall be a BCB filter but will a BCB and a bandpass
in series do remove all interference and bring life back into HF for me?

73,
Luciano PT9KK

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK