Re: Topband: Solid state relays for a Commander 2500

To: k8gg@voyager.net
Subject: Re: Topband: Solid state relays for a Commander 2500
From: k8gg@voyager.net
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 10:52:32 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for all the replies to my question about the Crydom solid state
relays.

I have found that most of the Commander 2500's use
Crydom A2425 relays.  This means the control is 90 - 280 VAC, the
switched voltage is nominally 240 VAC (up to 280) and the current rating
is 25 amps.

They are now stocked at mouser dot com and other
on-line electronics parts dealers.

They are not usually
available through local electric/electronic distributors such as
All-Phase.

73
George

> Hi All,

Sorry to be asking this question here, but the
other reflectors
> are not helping much.

> friend has a Commander 2500 with Crydon solid state relays that
turn the

> amp on and off.  They are labelled
either "01750" or
> "D1750" and have about

> 25A RMS ratings at up to 280
> VAC.  They also
use a nominal 240 VAC control
> voltage switched
> from
the front panel.  I can find a photo of that in the
> Newark

> on-line catalog, but not the relay itself, as all current
listings
> seem to have low voltage DC control circuits for the
solid state
> device.
>
> Can anyone of you
help with this replacement issue?

> The existing
relays will sometimes open up without warning or any
> indication

> of a problem.  Other times one cannot turn on the
> amplifier.
> The wiring and fuse, and switch have all been
checked and
> even Palstar
> (current owner) leads us to
a replacement circuit for