Re: Topband: Inverted L wire

To: <Gary@ka1j.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Inverted L wire
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 09:04:51 -0400
Gary:

     I'm inferring that your wire actually touches the tree limbs somewhere.
If that is the case, you ought to run the L wire through a pulley that is
held up in the tree by a flexible link, like a bungee cord.  The bungee will
give the antenna a bit more flexibility in high winds that are probably
abraiding your current antenna configuration.   Or you can run a lanyard
from the ground through the pulley and use the lanyard to support an
insulator through which the wire is threaded.

     It's a PITA to get the pulley into the tree (you obviously can't use an
arrow or slingshot) but it will prolong the life of your wire.  I've used
this method for my L for nine years after the first two wires broke due to
abraision.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F