Topband: VERTICAL SPACING

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: VERTICAL SPACING
From: "Mr. and Mrs. Magoo" <magoo@isp.ca>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 07:05:32 -0400
A friend up north is attempting to install a pair of phased 60 ft verticals,
top-loaded for 160M using wires dropped from fairly tall trees.  He can't
get the needed 134 ft spacing...the trees went on strike and won't move!
The best he can do is about 128-130 ft.

What effect will this have?  I suggested that it probably would not make a
lot of difference in the forward gain but might change the shape of the
forward lobe and also the F/B somewhat, but what do I know!  Can someone
enlighten us here?  Best he discover these things before he starts
climbing!!

Bill, VE3CSK

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK