Topband: Beverage Video

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Beverage Video
From: "Craig Clark" <jcclark@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 16:03:14 -0400

Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 11:12:58 -0400
From: "Lee J. Imber (WW2DX)" <lee@ww2dx.com>
To: Topband Reflector <topband@contesting.com>

I did a short video of a 720' beverage we installed in Mass.

http://bit.ly/9GVI5b

Basically 720' of #14 THHN, 6-9' above the ground and used a full 1000' roll of
RG6. Video was taken at 4PM local time.

73,

Lee
WW2DX

Interesting video Lee. Thanks for posting.

I note with interest the post from KB3Z. He states:

"It sounds great, but if you can't transmit on a beverage antenna. My point is
the beverage is a receive only antenna. If you can't hear them on your transmit
antenna, you probably won't be able to work them anyway! Mark KB3Z"

Nothing could be further from the truth yet maybe here lies some of the
misunderstanding of how Beverages work. There are plenty of alligators (all
mouth and no ears) on the low bands and they are usually the ones that do not
have receiving antennas to use. I have been plagued by a lack of rx antennas
due to orthopedic issues and ice storm damage over the last several years and
know my transmit vertical get's out but due to a lack of receiving antennas, I
simply could not copy the stations who have been calling me.

Craig Clark K1QX
Radioware
PO Box 209
Rindge NH 03461