Re: Topband: your opinions

To: "N7DF" <n7df@yahoo.com>, "160 reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: your opinions
From: "Milt, N5IA" <n5ia@zia-connection.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 08:36:00 -0700
Good morning Larry,

To start with I would lay out the whole array as a wheel with the hub as the
collection/switching point for all the Beverages.  The Beverages would form
the spokes of the wheel.

The Beverages themselves would be laid out in 16 total azimuths; one array
at each 22.5 degrees of the compass.

Each azimuth would consist of two single wire Beverages, two wavelengths
long.  The two single wires would be spaced 1/2 WL apart and staggered 1/4
WL.

I leave the quantity of signal splits, and number of separate switches and
feedlines to the shack, to your operating requirements.

What I have suggested has always been the envisioned nucleus of my future RX
antenna farm.  Whether I can ever obtain the property and the time/money to
accomplish the goal while my health allows it is another subject.

73 and good luck with the project.  When you complete your farm, be sure to
extend an invite to travel over and operate with you.

Milt, N5IA