Topband: Thanks everyone

To: 160 reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Thanks everyone
From: N7DF <n7df@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 20:15:08 -0700 (PDT)
It seems to be about a 50:50 split between multiple beverages and an 8 circle
array
These are the two possibilities I have been considering myself
I probably will put both up but the beverages will come first  most likely
two-wire beverage systems around 1200 feet long
The site of the shack is about 4 miles from the nearest powerlines and the
noise is S zero on my cage antenna
The ground conductivity is extremely low also
Last winter I had a 1200 foot, two-wire beverage aimed at Europe and it worked
fairly well on the rare occasions that it stayed up for more than a few weeks
at a time   100+MPH winds and animals kept destroying it  This year I will be
using some more rugged materials and will put it about 10 feet off the ground
Anyway thanks for all the input
73
larry
N7DF