Re: Topband: 73 de VK1AA [ Fishnet ]

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 73 de VK1AA [ Fishnet ]
From: "Brian Mattson" <k8bhz@hughes.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 17:04:44 -0400
Hello Bruce,

I'm located between Lake Superior & Lake Michigan, and have been on 160 for
8 years now. I've heard no beacons on the Great Lakes. I hear them mostly
from the Northern Atlantic & the mid Pacific, with an occasional weak one
from the South (Gulf or South America).

Brian  K8BHZ

Gwinn, MI

....... I am now suspecting that there may be some fishnet beacons being
used in the Great Lakes - much closer to my QTH. I will now try to collect
some documentation on them as you suggest and forward it on to you. I would
be interested in finding out if others have heard them around the Great
Lakes area as well.
73, Bruce W8RA

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK