Re: Topband: Elevated Feedline for RX

To: Craig Clark <jcclark@myfairpoint.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Elevated Feedline for RX
From: Jon Zaimes AA1K <jz73@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 10:54:56 -0400
  Back in the 1980s at another QTH, in northern Delaware, I had a
single, half-mile run of mostly hardline and some RG6 feeding three
Beverages. I piggybacked voltage on the feedline to control relays to
select the desired antenna (single feedline, two relays, three
antennas). To compensate for the voltage drop, I supplied around 40 VDC
at the shack end and had plenty at the antenna end to control the 24 VDC
relays. Of course if you know or calculate the resistance of the cable,
you can figure exactly what you need to supply for the distance involved.

73/Jon AA1K

On 9/20/2010 15:12 PM, Craig Clark wrote:
>   But, how
> are you going to get around the issue of voltage drop in a 1500' run?
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK