Re: Topband: Height of Beverage-Driveway

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Height of Beverage-Driveway
From: Jon Zaimes AA1K <jz73@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 11:51:37 -0400
  I have done this over a driveway here. In fact it is a 935-foot  long
pair of broadside phased Beverages in which one goes over the driveway
and at that spot is elevated to about 14 feet high for a distance of
about 50 feet (normal height for the rest of it is 10 feet). Perhaps it
wouldn't have made any difference, but I raised the other element a
similar amount at that spot even though it wasn't over the driveway.
This antenna works extremely well toward JA.

>>    I'm running a beverage about 10 feet high which must cross a driveway.
>> Now 10 feet is too low for the occasional truck so what I would like to know
>> is what would be the effect on performance if I raise it to 13 feet or so
>> just to clear the driveway?

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK