Re: Topband: coax loop

To: "Andrzej" <andrzej_aeg@interia.pl>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: coax loop
From: "Edward Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 10:55:06 -0400
On 15th October, Andrzej wrote:

"...Has  anyone experience  with  coax loop  receiving  antenna ?"

***********************************

Hi Andrzej,

Back when I lived in the suburbs, I had an indoor coax loop antenna that was
actually below ground level (my shack was in the basement of the house)...

It was an excellent alternative receiving antenna to the inverted "L"
skyhook that I used at the time: in fact, the XYL would be watching TV in
the adjacent room just 15 feet away, and I was able to completely null out
the horizontal oscillator noise being radiated from the television with that
loop!

Not so with the "L"! I was pretty amazed at the time.

It DID benefit from an external pre-selector at the receiver, though. Other
than that "minor" inconvenience, I thought the antenna was well worth the
minimum trouble & effort spent in its construction.

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK