Topband: Slingshot

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Slingshot
From: "dick-bingham" <dick-bingham@hughes.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 12:24:27 -0700
Greetings All !

Here is what I use to install my "high-in-the-trees" wire antennas.

http://www.sherrilltree.com/Professional-Gear/BIGshot

This super sling-shot will launch a 3/4" pipe-elbow easily over the top of a
150-foot tall tree while hauling a trailing fish-leader line behind it.

The BIG problem for me when working alone is FINDING the 'weight' after
it lands in the woods. Some International-Orange paint on the weight would
help me find it I suppose...

My 160-meter Half-Square supported by two tall Cottonwood Trees appears
to enjoy participating in working DX for me...

73 - Dick/w7wkr  CN98pi

ps - my wife authorized the expense of this antenna-tool after deciding I was
        too old to continue climbing trees...   db
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK