Topband: Cushcraft MA160 Vertical questions

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Cushcraft MA160 Vertical questions
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 08:44:55 -0400
 > 3.  Does anyone use the DX Engineering RX antenna array for the
low bands on a typical suburb lot for RX with this antenna.  If not,
what are you using for a small lot for 160M?  We are using a Alpha
Delta B 30-160M sloper which is a lot quiter but even with the high
noise of the MA160V, it is hearing much more D in the noise- so we
are looking for an alternative 160M listening system but the DX
Engineering array seems very expensive- yet we don't have room for
much else- Any suggestions?

         You should consider the Hi-Z 3-element system:

http://www.hizantennas.com/controller_3_elements.htm

Lee K7TJR also offers 4 and 8 element versions which have similar
performance to DXE but much less expensive.  The 3 element version is
probably best for a very small space (50' X 50').

                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK