Re: Topband: 160 meter current-fed T antenna, where did I go wrong?

To: "a Topband COL" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 meter current-fed T antenna, where did I go wrong?
From: "Thomas F. Giella NZ4O" <nz4o@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 15:06:30 -0500
Mark my tee vertical design via the web page
http://www.wcflunatall.com/nz4o9.htm was for a "voltage" fed electrical half
wave tee tuned with a parallel network, not a 1/4 wave current fed tee tuned
with a C-L-C tee network.

The highest current point on my tee vertical was about half way up the
vertical section and it worked like gang busters. From here in Florida with
no radials and 100 watts PEP I would get S9+10 db over reports in Europe,
seriously!

Your current fed tee vertical needs a ground radial system of 32 to 64
1/8-1/4 wl radials to work well.

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella, NZ4O
Lakeland, FL, USA
nz4o@tampabay.rr.com

NZ4O Amateur & SWL Autobiography: http://www.nz4o.org
NZ4O Daily LF/MF/HF/6M Radiowave Propagation Forecast:
http://www.solarcycle24.org

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK