Re: Topband: Fw: Low band RX antenna question de N0AH

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Fw: Low band RX antenna question de N0AH
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 10:43:03 -0500
 > I’ll be going this route-

The original "Front End Saver" was by KD9SV.  Google found the
article from CQ Magazine (February 1997) here:
<http://www.k0to.us/HAM/Articles/KD9SV%20Front%20End%20Saver%20Feb%2097%2073mag.pdf>

A circuit board is available from Far Circuits ($4.50, IIRC).

A similar circuit has been published by OK1RR:
   http://www.ok1rr.com/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.35

The KD9SV and OK1RR circuits can be easily modified to terminate
the receiver in 50 Ohms instead of a short circuit simply by cutting
one trace and adding a 50 Ohm resistor.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

On 11/24/2010 2:38 PM, Bryon PAUL Veal n0ah wrote:
> Dan sent me this email after I had just ordered the ICE 196.  I’ll be going
> this route- thx everyone for you responses- I don’t think 100 watts will blow
> out the Pro III rx from what I have heard, but all suggestions about this

conductor and ground) from the radio and substitute a 50 ohm resistor
across the RX antenna terminals during transmit.
> Basically, my box has an RX ant in and RX ant out terminals (RCA),
> two
more RCA connectors for the PTT to your amp (amp keying from radio, amp
keying to amp) and requires 12 vdc to operate the internal relay switching.
> See attached pic. > RAP-1 $44.95 plus ship.
> RCA cable $4 each (RCA male-male 5 feet long, I suggest 2, 1 for RX from box
> to radio and 1 for amp keying to amp) or you can make up your own.
>
> This exact cuircuit saved my PRO2 and PRO3 from transmit energy pickup off of
> my K9AY RX antenna.
>

> To Order, use our secure orderform<https://www.radiodan.com/orderform.htm>
>

> Regards, Dan Magro W7RF
> Multiple power ranges from ONE Bird element, ask me how!
> HENRY, BIRD, TOHTSU, SAMLEX, RFI chokes
> www.radiodan.com RFpower@radiodan.com

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK