Re: Topband: Pro III rx jack and SEND relay- issues on Top Band-

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Pro III rx jack and SEND relay- issues on Top Band-
From: "G4GED Dave" <radiodave.g4ged@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 07:44:31 -0000

Ian VK2BJT Wrote>>>
> I had trouble with the my Icom 746pro send relay when using the rig
> directly with an amplifier or receive preamps, changeover tx/rx followers
> that use relays for switching.

> My send relay would stick permanently closed after a tx over, randomly.
> The contacts seem to micro weld themselves closed in this situation.
> Giving it a physical tap with a screwdriver would release the contact. I
> replaced the reed relay and the same thing happened with the brand new
> one.

I had the same problem with my IC756 Pro.
Fixed it with an "N0XAS Universal Keying Adapter 2", which uses an optical
coupler to give virtually 100% metalic isolation between rig and amp. Been
in use for several trouble free years now. Google N0XAS Ham Gadgets for
details. (I have no connection with this company just passing on what worked
for me!).
Good Luck
Dave

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK