Topband: man made noise and rfi reduction

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: man made noise and rfi reduction
From: dxhogg@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 13:47:17 -0500 (EST)
AFTER SOME EDISONIAN EXPERIMENTATION I HAVE DISCOVERED A REAL CHEAP WAY OF
LOWERING NOISE FLOOR
THE PRDUCT IS AVAILABLE AT HOME DEPOT AT 10..00 A ROLL AND 1 ROLL WILL DO YOUR
ENTIRE STATION
IT IS LOCATED IN THE PIPE INSULATON SECTION AND IT IS CALLED  FLEX FIX TAPE IS
IS ALUM FOIL SANDWICHED BETWEEN 2 LAYERS ONE LAYER IS A VERY AGGRESIVE GLUE THE
TOP IS A CLEAR PLASTIC I WRAPPED ALL INTERCONNECTING CABLES OTHER THAN MY QUAD
SHIELD COAX THAT I USE AND NO COMPUTER BIRDIES AND NOISE FLOOR IS AT REST S0 ON
TOP BAND
THE COMPUTER WAS THE MAJOR NOISE SOURCE AND NOW QUIET ALL BANDS   PLUS WHEN
DONE ACTUALLY LOOKS NICE ENJOY  73  RAY NR1R