Re: Topband: Inverted L Question

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Inverted L Question
From: "Mel Crichton" <kj9c@iquest.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 10:36:10 -0500
By all means make the vertical portion as tall as possible, even if the
horizontal part slopes downward a bit. My 90 footer is really an "inverted J"
over a hickory tree with the horizontal part sloping downward at about 20-30
degrees angle.... it plays fine with 100 watts.... Better than my short
beverages can hear

Mel KJ9C

My question is:  I can get the vertical portion up about 80-100 feet with the
remainder horizontal.  The issue is the horizontal part will have to slope if I
put the vertical that high.  Is this ok, or should I put it vertically high
enough to make the horizontal portion level.
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK