Topband: Beverage under ice

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Beverage under ice
From: "Zivney, Terry L." <00tlzivney@bsu.edu>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 12:05:44 -0500
As a note about my recent posting, I listened early last night to the under-ice
beverages.  They still show good directivity on the BC band - I can listen to
two different stations on the same  frequency by switching beverages.

But, the sensitivity on the ham bands is waaaaay down.  S9+ signals on
40 were S1, and I couldn't hear band noise on 160 even with the rig's
preamp on!

I know this isn't exactly the "beverage on ground" BOG system, but I had
hoped it would work adequately.  It doesn't, which is why I posted my
earlier question.

Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK