Re: Topband: [Topband] DX window for the southern hemisphere

To: DAVID CUTHBERT <telegrapher9@gmail.com>, Ward Silver <hwardsil@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: [Topband] DX window for the southern hemisphere
From: "Gerry Treas, K8GT" <k8gt@mi.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 15:20:41 -0500
Wow!  The lack of a write up wouldn't stop me from the Stew.

It's operating in a rather unique contest, with the best scoring model, (grid
squares and mileage) that is the fun, not reading a write up.

A write up would just be a little icing on the cake.

Did you say that you would like to show us how it should be done, Dave?   ;^)

73, Gerry, K8GT

---- DAVID CUTHBERT <telegrapher9@gmail.com> wrote:

=============
A write up in CQ could be what's needed to foster more souther hemisphere
interest. By the way, that's what's missing in the Stew Perry contest; a
write up in a major magazine or at least a QST type formatted article
online. The present crude online list of scores causes me to skip most
Stew's.

    Dave WX7G

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 8:32 PM, Ward Silver <hwardsil@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Unfortunately those 160m contest contacts with southern hemisphere
> > stations
> > are likely to become increasingly rare, unless something can be done to
> > encourage operation from here.
> >
> > Vy 73 Steve, VK6VZ
>
> I suggest having a contest within a contest for the southern hemisphere
> operators with plaques, certificates, and a separate writeup by a writer
> from the region on a web site, possibly posted on the CQ 160 web site.  The
> CQ 160 sponsors obviously have to focus on the main body of participants
> who
> are in the northern hemisphere, but there's no reason not to have your own
> "Midsummer's Eve" version at the same time.  As long as the exchange and
> rules are compatible with those of the CQ 160 contest, everyone will
> benefit
> from the increased activity and the southern hemisphere operators will get
> their fair share of the fun.
>
> 73, Ward N0AX

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK