Re: Topband: ICE 196 Receiver Protector

To: "Scott Long" <k8sm@windstream.net>,topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: ICE 196 Receiver Protector
From: "Charles W. Shaw" <chasshaw@leaco.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 12:37:23 +0000
Hi Scott,
         I have been using the ICE 196 for about five years.  I was
having problems with my Orion doing strange things (such as shutting
down0 because some of my Beverages are under my 80 and 40 meter wire
antennas.  The 196 has completely solved all those problems on all
bands--no more problems at all with overload through the RX antenna
input on any band with up to legal power in use.  I consider it very
worthwhile.

VY 73,
Charles (Chas) Shaw - N5UL
Hobbs, NM

>Excuse me if this has been asked.  I was wondering if anyone on here has
>ever used or is currently using the ICE 196 Receiver Protector?  What's your
>opinion?
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK