Re: Topband: What are folks using for a T/R relay in the shack, to switc

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: What are folks using for a T/R relay in the shack, to switch between beverage and xmit antennas?
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 11:20:43 -0500
On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 9:08 AM, Mark Lunday <mlunday@nc.rr.com> wrote:

> I see some stuff out there from DX Engineering, but before I buy I wanted
> check with others.  Thanks
>
> Mark Lunday
> WD4ELG

Mark, there's no need for a TR relay to switch between a Beverage and your
TX antenna. I just connect my TX antenna to the SO-239 RF OUTPUT receptacle,
but the Beverages to the RCA phono RX ANT INPUT jacks on my Icom
transceivers.

It's the ONLY way to run QSK!

You may want to Google "front end saver". I don't use such a device; but
there have been a number of reports of receiver damage from too much RF
picked up by the Beverage.

73 Mike
www.w0btu.com
www.w0btu.com/Beverage_antennas.html