Re: Topband: RG6 coax questions

To: topband@contesting.com, Ray Benny <rayn6vr@cableone.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: RG6 coax questions
From: "Paul Ferguson" <Paul@PaulFerguson.us>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 16:42:19 -0400
Ray,

I think you might have two problems. The first is cable prep. Here are some
instructions (go to the bottom of the pdf) on preparing the cable for the
Thomas & Betts compression connector:
http://www.tnb.com/contractor/docs/snapnseal.pdf

You are using a quad-shield cable, I think the connector with the violet sleeve
is the proper one. They also make a red-sleeved one that is suppose to work for
all 6 and 59 coax.

I am using F677TSEF flooded tri-shield coax that was mentioned on this or
another forum (1000 ft reel for $80):
http://tinyurl.com/3l5ryr6

It s spec is here:
http://www.3starinc.com/manuals/F677TSEF.pdf

I'm using the blue-sleeved connector with the above coax.

73,
Paul
K5ESW

> I'm getting ready to wire up a Hi-Z 4 square RX antenna using RG6 CATV
> cable. Yesterday, I went out and bought an Ideal stripping and Ideal
> compression tool for RG6 from Lowes. Since I have never used a compression
> tool, I went to uTube and viewed several videos on how to use them.

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK