Re: Topband: RG-6 Coax again

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: RG-6 Coax again
From: "John K9UWA" <john@johnjeanantiqueradio.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 10:47:01 -0400
That would have been me Dave. I have been using Garden Variety RG6
on my 160 array for well over 20 years. I tested a single run of it with a pair
of heathkit dummy loads. Test piece of cable was 10 feet long with F
connectors to F-UHF adapters. Brick on the KEY on the Amp until the
Dummy loads started to smoke. Amp off and grabbed the coax. No heating
observed in the coax or the F connectors.

John k9uwa

> I think I saw someone talk about using RG-6 75 ohm coax at a full KW
> and F connectors on 160, but I cannot remember if it was on this
> reflector. I have some "high Quality" RG-6 cable with the "right" vp,
> but before trying this I would like to hear from someone who has
> successfully done this already.
>
> Dave, W5UN

John Goller, K9UWA & Jean Goller, N9PXF
Antique Radio Restorations