Re: Topband: Spam:*****, Re: Receiver Frontend Protector?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Spam:*****, Re: Receiver Frontend Protector?
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 16:21:51 -0400
On 10/16/2011 11:31 AM, Missouri Guy wrote:
>> If not, what does everyone else use for a
>> receiver
>>
>> frontend protection?
> Scott,
>
> I use a "front end saver".  Homebrew from CQ Magazine, Feb 1997.
> I think Far Circuits still sells a circuit board for that, but it's
> a simple device to build, so perfboard will work too.
>
> 73,
> Charlie, N0TT
> Charlie,
  The DXE RTR-1 is superb in performance, design and construction.  I have in
the past built a relay driven unit derive with a Darlington 2N2222 from the H
send output on the radio.  i have even in a pinch used the MFJ-1026 Noise and
Phasing unit which has a built in relay circuit for power through.  This way I
put the RX antenna(s) bank on the "noise antenna" input and turn down the main
antenna pot.  This way I also have use of the onboard pre-amp if i need it and
noise phasing against the TX antenna.

73

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK