Topband: Results of the QRP ARCI Fall QSO Party are posted

To: QRP-L <qrp-l@mailman.qth.net>, QRP Fox <qfox@yahoogroups.com>, <qrpadillos@yahoogroups.com>, AT_Sprint <at_sprint@yahoogroups.com>, <rock-mite_group@yahoogroups.com>, <topband@contesting.com>, <liqrp@mailman.qth.net>, QRP Canada <members@qrp-canada.com>, <ov-qrp@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Topband: Results of the QRP ARCI Fall QSO Party are posted
From: James Rodenkirch <rodenkirch_llc@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 06:12:16 -0700

Go to www.qrparci.org and look in the center of the page - you should see a
"Fall QSO Party results" posting with a ""click here" at the bottom of that
post - you'll find all of the participants listed - those highlighted in yellow
were category leaders and, along with the team and multi-op category leaders
receive the new, redone and soon to be highly coveted certificate.

Attendance was down from what I understand were the average numbers for the
Fall contest - 86 versus 108 - and not sure why....competition from the New
York and Illinois QSO Parties??? The Spring QSO Party averages 88 so we'll see
if that number holds up.

Don't forget the two events coming up in December:

 - the Top Band Sprint from 0000Z to 0600Z on 2 December 2011.  Note:  this is
the evening of 1 December 2011 in North America - which is a nice "tune up"
event
   for the ARRL 160 contest that follows right after that!

 - the Holiday Spirits Home Brew Sprint on 18 December from 2000Z to 2359Z.

You can find the details of both at the QRP ARCI web site.  The site master has
added the listings for all of the 2012 events (click on the QRP ARCI Contests
button on the left hand side of the page) and we'll be populating the rules and
info for each by the end of this month.

Please read the rules write ups over - one noticeable change has been the
requirement for additional information on your summary sheets.  The rules for
all contest now show this for the summary submittable:

Submit
        Logs in plain text format along with a summary stating -

                  Your Call Sign

                  Entry Category

                  total # of QSOs  with members

                  total # of QSOs with
        non-members on different continent

                  total # of QSOs with non-members
        same continent

                  total # of SPCs worked

                  Actual Power

                  Station
        Description, along with score calculation

The majority of entrants for the Fall QSO party sent in what their logging
program(s) outputted for a summary log and, trust me, little of the required
information was provided ---- with 80 plus logs, that was/is a lot of data and
logs to rummage through. Your assistance in taking the 10 to 15 minutes needed
to scrounge up that information is appreciated, SINCERELY, trust me!

Lookin' forward to hearing and working you the bands and in the upcoming
contests - 72, Jim Rodenkirch, K9JWV QRP ARCI Contest Manager

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK