Re: Topband: Small loop in Inv L to secure wire to tower

To: "Dan Bookwalter" <N8DCJ@YAHOO.COM>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Small loop in Inv L to secure wire to tower
From: "Bill Wichers" <billw@waveform.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 14:58:04 -0500
I wouldn't think the loop would make much difference if you keep it as
straight as possible.

A simpler solution would be to wrap some solid copper wire around the
antenna wire and solder it to make a "stop". This would just give you a
tiny "fat spot" in the wire and would have essentially no impact on the
RF properties of the wire.

If you're using insulated wire, try getting one of the very small U-bolt
type cable grips and clamping it on the wire as a stop.

   -Bill

> I am putting up my Inv-L , one thing I fear is that if the wire breaks
at
> the feed point I will lose the wire as if goes thru the pulley at the
top
> of the tower. Is it ok to have a small loop about 3-4 ft above the
feed
> point around an insulator , so I can secure it to the to the tower so
that
> in the event of a break at the feed point I don't lose the antenna.
>
> thanks
>
> Dan N8DCJ
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK