Re: Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 107, Issue 28

To: W9UCW@aol.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 107, Issue 28
From: Gedking@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 17:58:25 -0500 (EST)
Some people would rather play with antennas than get on the air, if that's
their thing go for it. ME I would rather get on the air and work stations.
I  just let my auto tuner make the rig happy losses on 160 are not that high.
But then I remember a time when I needed a station on 24 Mhz so I made up a
 Dipole on the shack floor and climbed up to the 60 ft level of my tower in
a  snow storm and installed it as a sloped dipole. " worked him on the
first call"  I couldn't believe it !!
ED K8OT

In a message dated 11/19/2011 10:45:55 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,