Re: Topband: Flag/Pennant Question

To: <w2pm@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Flag/Pennant Question
From: Arthur Delibert <radio75a3@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 21:25:49 -0500
I was wondering whether it might produce a narrower pattern in the front, or a
deeper null off the back, or maybe even both.  But indications from two people
who have either modeled it or built it are that it requires 3 load resistors,
one in each leg, and produces a highly reactive antenna with only a slight
increase in gain.

Clearly better and simpler to add a second antenna and connect them through a
phasing device to null the unwanted stations, as described by Mark Connelly,
WA1ION.

> From: w2pm@aol.com
> Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 21:49:40 -0500
> To: radio75a3@msn.com
> CC: topband@contesting.com
> Subject: Re: Topband: Flag/Pennant Question
>
> Why would you do that?
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Nov 27, 2011, at 8:59 PM, Arthur Delibert <radio75a3@msn.com> wrote:
>

> > I'm wondering if anyone has ever built or modeled a multi-turn flag or
> > pennant antenna. I'm thinking maybe an odd number of turns with the
> > resistor in the middle of the middle turn.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > --Art Delibert, KB3FJO
> > UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK