Topband: 2011 ARRL 160 Contest Results - N9LB

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 2011 ARRL 160 Contest Results - N9LB
From: Lloyd Berg N9LB <lloydberg@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 13:44:42 -0500 (EST)
N9LB 2011 ARRL 160 Contest SOLP
100 watts, 60 ft vertical, 60 radials.

This is the first year that I've operated in the ARRL 160 contest.  By
the time I got home on Friday and had something to eat, and got into the
shack it was 0113z.  First station worked was K7KU in WY.  After that,
mostly eastern states until around 11 PM ( 0500z ), then worked a series
of western states and three DX stations, but fell asleep around 3:20 AM
( 0920z ) ( I just can't stay up all night like I once could ).  Picked
it up again late Saturday afternoon ( 2245z ) until 1:35 AM Sunday, fell
asleep again.  Picked up afew more Sunday morning between 1300 and 1400.

272 QSOs:

Penn: 24 stations(e+w)
Minn: 21 stations
Virg: 17 stations
Ill:  15 stations
Ohio: 12 stations
Tenn: 11 stations
Wisc:  9 stations

States missed: WA, OR, MT, ND, AK, HI

Canada, worked: SK, BC, ON, QC, MAR

DX, worked: PJ2, VP2, ZF2.
( heard east coast stations working Europe, but I couldn't hear them
here. )

Next year I'm going to try to take Friday off, try to take a nap Friday
afternoon, and be on the radio right from the beginning.  Also hope to
have a K9AY receiving antenna set up and working by then.

See you all in the Stew Perry and CQ-160s.

73

Lloyd - N9LB  ( EN52 - Wisconsin )
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK