Re: Topband: Changes To My Shunt Fed Tower

To: Mike & Coreen Smith <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>, "[Topband]" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Changes To My Shunt Fed Tower
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 10:47:03 -0500
 > If I recall (correctly).<and you should double check>  The D40 is
 > completely isolated from the mast,

Any coax fed antenna is never isolated from the tower/mast unless the
antenna switch/antenna relay is a double pole design and contained in
an insulated (non-conductive) case.  Even then, there is generally
enough capacitive coupling between the tower and shield of the bundled
coax that the "shield leg" of the antenna/driven element will top load
the tower.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV