Topband: W1BB equipment photos

To: Topband reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: W1BB equipment photos
From: "Augie \"Gus\" Hansen" <augie.hansen@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 14:10:42 -0700
Fellow Topbanders,

This past summer I was in Rhode Island for my son's wedding and had
time for a visit to the New England Museum of Wireless and Steam in
East Greenwich. What a treat that was. Bob, W1NTE, gave me a great
guided tour of the marvelous collection of radio history, including
the Massie "PJ" station, which was moved from the original Point
Judith, RI location to the museum site.

One of the displays in the PJ station building has some of the
original W1BB equipment and related memorabilia. Here are two sites
you might appreciate, especially if you will be participating in the
16th Stew Perry Topband Distance Challenge this coming weekend.

The museum web site:
     http://newsm.org/

A pair of photos I took in the W1BB corner of the PJ station:

https://picasaweb.google.com/115693317429195427637/WirelessMuseumPJStation

Hope to work you in the Stew.

Gus Hansen
KB0YH