Topband: Some Success

To: <TOPBAND@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: Topband: Some Success
From: "Bob Garrett" <rgarrett5@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 17:26:55 -0500
Hello Topbanders,

Thanks to everyone who responded to my query for help regarding my shunt fed
tower.  I did configure an Omega match.  I do notice that the BW is much
narrower using the Omega match compared to the single series capacitor.
Once I get all the to antenna work completed, I will probably look for the
"sweet spot" again and use only the series cap.  Until then, the Omega match
certainly seems to work.  I'm also considering changing out the piece of
RG8X that I use for the shunt arm and replacing it with a 3 or 4 wire cage.
Any suggestions on spacers to use for configuring the cage?

Have a great Holiday and once again, thanks for the collective wisdom.

73, Bob K3UL

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK