Re: Topband: motorized matching caps

To: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: motorized matching caps
From: Robert McGwier <rwmcgwier@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 09:49:21 -0500
It is definitely not dead at all, but it is ill.

In about 10 years,  amateur radio will go through a demographic collapse
and the collapse will be swift and sudden if action is not taken now.  The
amateur radio market place will cease to exist because it will be
unsustainable.  If you care about ham radio, and each and every person here
surely does,  and you want it to continue,  join the ranks of people who
are mentoring, "Elmer"-ing, talking about what is fun to new people,
everyone from child to 50 years old,  because amateur radio is replete with
all sorts of fantastic things to do, but at almost 58,  I am the youngest
guy in most meetings I go to and that just won't work.

I am with Virginia Tech and with the inspiration of Kay and Carter Craigie
who live in Blacksburg, the VT amateur radio association and New River
Valley ARA are both hot beds of new hams.  At the last VE session I
attended on campus, there were a dozen people taking exams.

For those who are not in our region,  whatever you can do to help foster
activity among young people in your country, region, please do it before it
is too late.

Respectfully,
Bob McGwier N4HY

--