Re: Topband: Shunt fed tower

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Shunt fed tower
From: "Larry" <lknain@nc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 19:57:29 -0500
Something I read somewhere after trying to get the resonance is that with
the GDO you might not get a good reading if there are BC stations close
by. I don't think there are any BC stations that close to me but I did not
investigate.Given the discussion here I had figured to read R+jX. I didn't
think to do that before. The resonance with a GDO I think is actually
attributed to W1FB (SK). It is just a single wire about 2 feet out from the
top of the tower to the bottom with a small loop for the GDO at the bottom.

I tried the GDO about 2 years ago BTW. I have been working on the yagis
which got torn up by a tornado this past Spring. Once I get the yagis fixed
and back up I can get on to the shunt fed activities. My son normally climbs
for me since the Dr grounded me but my son went "lame" a few weeks ago.
All of this may have to wait for Spring.

73, Larry  W6NWS