Topband: Anti-Corona Paint: FINALE

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Anti-Corona Paint: FINALE
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 09:37:08 -0500
Good Day All,

Many thanks for the many FB responses that I received here my recent query in
the matter of GLYPTAL insulating paint / anti-corona dope...

Yesterday I visited my jobber in Toronto, & some eleven-plus dollars later
exited with 2 ounce bottle of "MG Chemicals"-brand "RED INSULATING VARNISH"
("Protect motor winding, transformers, and coils from arcing, discharge,
moisture, and oxidation"). The specs at the back of the box it came in state
that it's a modified alkyd with a dielectric strength of 3KV / mil---"Only one
coat required. Apply additional coats if extra protection or security is
desired."

I plan to use it on one of the Centralab rotary directivity switches that I use
here with my phased transmitting array: awhile back I had a dragging detente in
one wafer, with a consequent "not meshed" switch contact. The result was an arc
to the binding rod that interconnects the wafers.

To-day I hope to scrape away the carbon track that was left on the ceramic, &
coat all of the nearby metal with the insulating varnish (the lazy detente has
since been addressed), as an "insurance policy" against any future similar
occurance.

Thanks again, & my vy

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK