Topband: More Inv-L matching issues....

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: More Inv-L matching issues....
From: Dan Bookwalter <n8dcj@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 12:41:13 -0800 (PST)
well about a month ago i put up my Inv-L , it is now ~165ft , I have an air
variable in series , and 12 radials anywhere from 150-250ft long ( going out to
add more as soon as i am done typing this). my SWR wasn't too bad maybe 1.7:1
at the best. Two nights ago I added an amplifier to the mix ~700w , well to
make a long story short I smoked one of the relays in my RCS-10 , I am now not
too sure what to do , I don't want to keep blowing out relays in the RCS-10.

I had several responses back then regarding matching etc... , but , in my haste
i seem to have deleted them :-(

so here i am again asking for advice...

any help greatly appreciated

Dan N8DCJ