Re: Topband: 4 sq receive and high power

To: "Ignacy Misztal" <no9e@arrl.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 4 sq receive and high power
From: "Hardy Landskov" <n7rt@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 19:14:13 -0700
Ignacy,
I have a K7TJR 4 square. In fact I was one of the beta testers way back and
I have measured +15 dBm using an HP 435A power meter on the 4 square when
transmitting 1500 watts on my Delta Loop which is 160 feet away. The receive
patterns are very distorted according to EZNEC when I put all the towers and
antennas in the file BUT it still works great and I have not had any rx amp
failures. I was surprised but the Hi-Z amps are very bullet proof.
73 & HNY Hardy N7RT