Topband: BC filter follow-up

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: BC filter follow-up
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 09:05:53 -0500
Thanks to everyone who sent suggestions on my problem. Those who did
not receive a personal thank-you note is because mail to you bounced.

I thought it might be helpful to post a follow-up with links. In no
particular order:

http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/BCB%20RF%20Filters.htm

http://www.n1nc.org/Filters/160meter/

http://www.cliftonlaboratories.com/z10020_am_medium_wave_band_reject_filter.htm

http://www.dlwc.com/

http://www.rescueelectronics.com/RF_Filters.html
(note: may be able to custom build HPF)

http://www.parelectronics.com/bcst-hpf-specs.php

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/filters/4426.html

http://www.morganmfg.us/radio-products/bcb-interference-filters/

http://yu1lm.qrpradio.com/bp%20yu1lm.htm

http://www.cliftonlaboratories.com/z10022a_high_pass_filter.htm

http://www.ac0c.com/main/page_antennas__homebrew_clifton_labs_z10022a.html

Final comments on my specific issue:

The overwhelming consensus is I should not be having anywhere near
this magnitude of problem with skywave signals. I agree! But I have
been chasing this on and off for years and have been unable to
identify a specific problem with my station. I don't know what else
to do but throw money at the problem and hope to cover up the
symptoms of what surely is an equipment malfunction.

I have ruled out building. I build a lot of stuff, but filters would
seem to require test equipment I do not have access to. Flying blind
is usually a good way to crash. :-)

I am guessing my primary problem is mixing of signals in the mid to
low part of the BC band, and will most likely opt for the filter
with the best attenuation at those frequencies. I do not seem to
hear anything particularly strong at the upper end of the BC band
anyway.

73,
Paul N1BUG

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK