Topband: VP6T Skewed Path?

To: topband topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: VP6T Skewed Path?
From: Trey McFerrin <mrtman777@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 06:40:02 -0800 (PST)
According to DXAtlas, VP6T is at an angle of about 15-20 degrees to the
terminator at sunrise here in north Alabama.  They peaked on 160M about ten
minutes before my sunrise this morning (1238Z) and I was able to work them.  I
can't say that I've ever seen a 160M signal travel on a 5000 mile path without
being at a sharper angle to the terminator.  After recently reading the
propagation chapter of ON4UN's Low Band DXing, I wonder if it's possible that
my
QSO was on a skewed path, with the signals traveling north of the great circle
path, thus putting them at a sharper angle to the terminator.  I don't have the
directional receiving antennas to tell.  What did others in the SE USA with
directional antennas observe?  Were the signals on the great circle path or
skewed?

73
Trey KJ4FDV
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK