Topband: Long Path Band Condx and Over the Pole on 160M

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Long Path Band Condx and Over the Pole on 160M
From: K1ZM@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 05:44:38 -0500 (EST)
GM

So far this Winter season, we have had some very interesting long path
conditions around 1100z each morning (to things like BU2AQ, XU7ACY, 9M2AX,
DU1/JJ5GMJ, HL5IVL)) - and in the afternoons/early evenings 9M2AX, YC0LOW,
XU7ACY, and quite a few JA's including JA8ISU/7J4AAL/JA5AQC have been able to
be
worked around JA sunrise (2120-2215z) on the SE path.  This latter stuff is
primarily a Northeast/New England event limited by a very narrow windiw of
overlapping darkness in the Northern Hemisphere with Japan that occurs each
year from about Dec 10 - Jan 10th only..

Over the pole activity has been down but T88OW and H44KJ were good copy on
better days - which have kept up some real interest in the band.

Webmaster WW2DX recently added some new audio clips of some of this stuff
to my website at http://www.VY2ZM.com and you can listen in if interested to
the newer stuff at the audio clips/sound bites tab on the website.

Let's hope for continued good condx on Topband as even though we are at or
vy near a solar maxima, DX'ing has been remarkably good on Topband.  With
3C0 soon to come on the air there has been alot to go after.

Good Dx to all - CU on the band.

73 JEFF  VY2ZM

K1ZM@aol.com
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK